Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tonight's The Night

Tonight is a big night.  We have our pizza party fundraiser as a final fundraiser before we leave for Russia.  We are in need of about $9000 still.  We know that is a lot, but we also know that God is in control.  It has really been amazing to see God’s people work together for this purpose.  When we started this journey, we were told that the cost would be right around $50,000.  We choked.  We felt the Lord leading us down this road, but knew we didn’t have the money, even after selling everything we could.  We started with fundraisers and the money started coming in.  Each time we had to send in a ‘chunk’ of money, we had just enough.  It has been just awesome to be a part of…(I say ‘awesome’ because we are in awe of God’s provision and evident hand). 

When I think of the amount we must raise, I find myself in a panic.  The verse that always comes to my mind is Ephesians 3:20-21:

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

I have been finding so much comfort and encouragement from the Bible lately.  It feels as though the words were written just for me.  I just love when a passage will bring me to tears, because they are tears of surrender and relief and joy (that deep down overwhelming joy).  God has been showing Himself to me/us in so many ways through this adoption that we know without a doubt that this is His will and that He will provide.

Our fundraiser is from 5-8pm, March 25.  It is being held at:
Bethel URC
2025 Baldwin Street
Jenison, MI 49428

Anyone is welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment