Well, the time is quickly approaching for our departure. Like any other person, I have so many concerns (or let's face it...worries). We know that so many are praying for us and will continue to pray for us as we travel. We are so thankful for the guidance God has provided for us and for the support that has surrounded us. The Bible is full of promises from God...one of those promises keeps coming to me:
4 "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7
There are so many things that I am anxious about (even though I should not be anxious for anything!)....Please join us in praying for some specific requests:
1. Our safety. I (Patti) am unsure about flying and traveling in a foreign country.
2. Our kids that will be left here...that we may all have a peace even though we will be apart.
3. Zack...we pray that the Lord will prepare him for the changes that will be coming and that bonds will be re-ignited quickly.
4. The judge that we must 'deal' with. We have been told that he is the most difficult judge, please pray that he will be 'easy' on us.
5. All those involved in this adoption...social workers, translators, adoption officials.
Now that we have shared our petitions, we cannot forget God's faithfulness and thank Him for that:
1. We are thankful that the funding has been provided.
2. God's provision for not only finances, but the peace He has given us through this process.
3. Support from family and friends.
Most importantly...we pray that His name will be glorified in all we do.
Thank you all for all your words of support and encouragement, and most of all...lifting us up before our Father in prayer.
Dan and Patti